Tips for Job Seekers
Looking for a great job for long term employment is the goal of most people, particularly people in the agricultural industry where hard work can be very rewarding. Here are some well-thought out ideas you might want to consider.
- Prepare exit and position statements
- Assess your values
- Assess your personal characteristics
- Review the skills you have mastered and those you enjoy most
- Fill out a master application
- Prepare resume
- Draft responses to frequently asked questions you will encounter during phone and face-to-face interviews
- Make a list of what you want in a job offer
- Make a list of ideas that you want covered and activities you want to accomplish during orientation at a new job and during training at a new job
- Think through and write down your expectations at your new job for the 1st day, 1st week, 1st month and first 3 months.
Giving thought to these ideas during your career in the agricultural industry will insure you will have a successful job search campaign and a long term stay at your next job(s).
Want more information about some or all of these points? Return often (and set as a favorite) as we will frequently share valuable tips and advice unique to job seekers in the agricultural industry.
In the meantime, click here to review current job opportunities.